Monday, September 26

Analysis of Two Plays

Two plays, a tragedy for Friday and a comedy for Sunday.
What are these play? For Friday, R'Meo luvs Dew-Lhiet. Its a Jologs adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. The other for Sunday is The Taming of the Shrew.
The later play was in CCP. They tried to Tagalize and adapt the story to the indifent area of the Philippines. I can quite say it is very adaptable and we all can relate from time to time. It poses universal problems of unacceptance and discrimination.
The Taming of the Shrew is played at Onstage Greenbelt. It is performed as if Shakespeare himslef directed it. English, Shakespearean English and the whole costumes and stuff. It is a wishful thinking of man about the quality of woman they want to marry.
From the venue when the plays are set, we get an idea of the audience and the kind of play it is. Nothing against its quality, both has exhibited the right acting and the flawless memoried speeches. I guess I can say, I just wasn't the audience of the first play. I didn't appreaciate it so much. The only reason I paid for the ticket and watched because it was a requirement. You see my preference in more on the classics and traditional matters. It was not based on theme though. I do feel Taming of the Shrew is Chauvinistic. Something I'm against. It is all on the taste. Threater does excite me. Taming of the Shrew, Evita and all those Trumpet musicals. It's not that my taste is foreign. It just achieved its international standards.

No comments:

NaNo Stats